Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advances in Phytonanotechnology: From Synthesis to Application guides readers through various applications of nanomaterials on plants by presenting the latest research related to nanotechnology and nanomaterials on plant systems. The book focuses on the effects of these applications on plant morphology, physiology, biochemistry, ecology and genetics. Sections cover the impact on plant yield, techniques, a review of positive and negative impacts, and an overview of current policies regarding the use of nanotechnology on plants. Additionally, the book offers insights into the appropriate application of nanoscience to plants and crops for improved outcome and an exploration of their bioavailability and toxicity in the environment.
- Discusses the morphological, physiological and biochemical responses of plants to nanomaterials and the ability of the nanomaterials in modifying the genetic constitution of plants
- Emphasizes new applications of nanomaterials, including nanosensors technology and nanomaterials as nanocarriers based antimicrobial phytochemicals
- Presents the role of nanotechnology as a novel technique for the remediation of heavy metals by plants
Students, academics, and researchers in Plant Science and Agriculture interested application of nanotechnology in plants
- Recent developments of nanoscience and nanotechnology
2. Engineered nanomaterials: classification and strategies for physico-chemical characterization
3. Phytosynthesis of nano-scale materials
4. Nanomaterials delivery to plants (mode of entry, uptake, translocation, accumulation, biotransformation and barriers)
5. Advanced analytical techniques for the measurement of nanomaterials in plant samples
6. Germination and early growth responses of higher vascular plants to different types of nanomaterials
7. Nanotoxicity based studies (phytotoxicity, cytotoxicity, genotoxicity and ecotoxicity) in plant sciences
8. Nanotechnology for phytoremediation of heavy metals (mechanisms of nanomaterial-mediated alleviation of toxic metals)
9. Plant nanobionics, and role of nanomaterials on elicitation of plant primary and secondary metabolites
10. Morphological, physiological and biochemical responses of plants to nanoprticulates exposure under different environmental perturbations
11. Plant DNA extraction and purification using nanocomposites
12. Induction of plant defense machinery against nanomaterials
13.Application of nanoagrochemicals in plant production sector
14. Nanocarrier based antimicrobial phytochemicals
15. Development and commercialization of sensor nanotechnologies in plant science
16. Effect of nanoparticles on phytopathogens.
17. Biotechnology and nanotechnology: Natural allies for brave new horizons
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 21st May 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mansour Ghorbanpour is a faculty member at the Department of Medicinal Plants, and the Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at Arak University (Arak, Iran). Dr. Ghorbanpour has also been a visiting scholar in the Nutrient Uptake and Toxicity Stress (NUTS) group at the University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia. The research interests of Dr. Ghorbanpour include Phytonanotechnology, Nanotoxicology, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Bioavailability of Emerging Contaminants, Environmental Stresses and Metabolism of Plants, Natural Products and Bioactive Compounds. Up to now, Dr. Ghorbanpour has published over 100 peer-reviewed journal articles and 7 books. He maintains a worldwide network and is an editor for several international journals including Industrial Crops and Products (Elsevier) 3 Biotech (Springer) Phyton-International Journal of Experimental Botany (Tech Science Press). He is also an active reviewer for multiple scientific journals.
Associate Professor, Department of Medicinal Plants, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Arak University, Arak, Iran
Shabir Hussain Wani is Scientist cum Assistant Professor at Shere-e- Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir where his research focuses on plant breeding and genetics/plant biotechnology. Included among his awards are: Fellow of the Linnean Society of London-2017 YOUNG SCIENTIST Award (2017), Indian Ecological Society Punjab Agricultural University Ludhiana. Young Scientist of the Year 2016, International foundation for Environment and Ecology Kolkata India. YOUNG ACHIEVER AWARD – 2016, Society for Advancement of Human and Nature (SADHNA) YS Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry YOUNG SCIENTIST Award (2015), Society for Plant Research, Meerut, India YOUNG SCIENTIST Award (2009), Society for Promotion of Plant Science Research. Jaipur National University, Jaipur. FELLOW OF SOCIETY FOR PLANT RESEARCH AWARD – 2011-12
Assistant Professor Senior Scale, Mountain Research Canter for Field Crops, Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir, J&K, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.