Balstocystis in Humans and Animals: Morphology, Biology and Epizootiology, P.F.L. Boreham and D.J. Stenzel. Giardia and Giadiasis, R.C.A. Thompson and J.A. Reynoldson. Immunology of Leishmaniasis, F.Y. Liew and C.A. O'Donnell. Transport of Nutrients and Ions across Membranes of Trypanosomatid Parasites, D. Zilberstein. The Biology of Fish Coccidia, A.J. Davies and S.J. Ball. The Sexuality of Parasitic Crustaceans, A. Raibaut and J.P. Trilles.
This volume of Advances in Parasitology has a predominantly protozoological flavor.
- The questionable pathogenicity of Blastocytis, a ptorist closely related to amoeboflagellates
- Discussion of Giardia and the evidence of early branching of the eukaryotic stem
- Full overview of current knowledge of the immunology of Leishmania
- Explanation of the way trypanosomatids transport nutrients and ions across their membranes
- A review of the biology of the coccidian parasites of fish with extensive illustrations
- A review of the sexuality of parasitic crustaceans
Parasitologists in all branches of the subject, as well as zoologists and microbiologists.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1993
- 11th August 1993
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Praise for the Series
"The policy of the editors of Advances in Parasitology to include reviews from any aspect of parasitology and the high standard of individual papers have resulted in this series of volumes becoming an indispensable source for students, teachers and research workers." --ANNALS OF TROPICAL MEDICINE AND PARASITOLOGY
Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, London, U.K.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, U.K.