Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Syntheses of Photochromic Dihetarylethenes
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Synthesis of perfluorocyclopentene-bridged dihetarylethenes
- 3. Synthesis of dithienylperhydrocyclopentenes and their heteroanalogs
- 4. Dithienylmaleic anhydrides
- 5. Dithienylmaleimides
- 6. DTEs with other heterocyclic bridges based on thenoines and related structures
- 7. Conclusion
- The Chemistry of Pyrido[1,2-a]azepines and Their Hydro Derivatives
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Occurrence and Synthesis
- 3. Structure
- 4. Reactivity
- 5. Applications
- List of abbreviations (cf. Schemes 95 and 96)
- Synthesis, Structure, Chemical Reactivity, and Practical Significance of 2-Amino-4H-pyrans
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Structure of 2-Amino-4H-pyrans and Physicochemical Properties
- 3. Methods of Synthesis
- 4. Chemical Properties of 2-Amino-4H-pyrans
- 5. Practical Significance of 2-Amino-4H-pyrans
- List of Abbreviations
Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Volume 103, deals with the organic chemistry of heterocyclic compounds, namely, photochromic dihetarylethenes, pyrido[1,2-a]azepines and their hydro derivatives, and 2-amino-4H-pyrans. Divided into three chapters, the book examines advances in the synthesis of these three compounds, including dithienylethenes that are derived from photochemically induced isomerizations between the cis- and trans-forms and cyclized derivatives.
The book first looks at the synthesis of photochromic dihetarylethenes, such as perfluorocyclopentene-bridged dihetarylethenes, along with dithienylperhydrocyclopentenes and their heteroanalogs, like perhydrocyclopentenes, dithienylmaleic anhydrides, and dithienylmaleimides. It then discusses the McMurry reaction and the reactions between octafluorocyclopentene and lithium derivatives of thiophene. It also examines chemistry, structure, reactivity, and the pharmaceutical and agrochemical uses of of pyrido[1,2-a]azepines and their hydro derivatives. The book concludes with a summary of the synthesis, structure, reactivity, and practical significance of 2-amino-4H-pyrans. This book will benefit graduate students and research workers in academic and industrial laboratories who want to gain a better understanding of heterocyclic chemistry.
- Provides up-to-date material on a fast-growing and highly topical subject area
- Contains the latest research covering a wide variety of heterocyclic topics
- Written by leading authorities and designed as a handbook for students and industry and academic researchers
For graduate students and research workers in academic and industrial laboratories
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2011
- 24th March 2011
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The typesetting, arrangement of references, and drafting of structural formulas adhere to the high standards of this series and provide a model for good publishing...The content is, as to be expected, excellent."--Journal of the American Chemical Society
Alan Katritzky was educated at Oxford and has held faculty positions at Cambridge and East Anglia before he migrated in 1980 to the University of Florida, where he was Kenan Professor and Director for the Institute for Heterocyclic Compounds. During his career he has trained more than 1000 graduate students and post-docs, and lectured and consulted world-wide. He led the team, which produced “Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry” and its sequels, "CHEC-II" and "CHEC-III”, has edited “Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Vols. 1 through 111” and conceived the plan for “Comprehensive Organic Functional Group Transformations”. He founded Arkat-USA, a non-profit organization which publishes “Archive for Organic Chemistry” (ARKIVOC) an electronic journal completely free to authors and readers at (www.arkat-usa.org). Honors include 14 honorary doctorates from 11 countries and membership of foreign membership of the National Academies of Britain, Catalonia, India, Poland, Russia and Slovenia.
Department of Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.