A. Bejan and J.A. Jones,, Contact Melting Heat Transfer and Lubrication. B.D. Vujanovic and B.S. Baclic, Variational Solutions of Transient Heat Conduction Through Bodies of Finite Length. A.V. Shenoy, Non-Newtonian Fluid Heat Transfer in Porous Media. W. Shyy, Elements of Pressure-Based Computational Algorithms for Complex Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer. J.M. Hyun, Unsteady Buoyant Convection in an Enclosure. References. Subject Index.
Advances in Heat Transfer is designed to fill the information gap between the regularly scheduled journals and university level textbooks, allowing for in-depth review articles on a broader scope than is allowable in either journals or texts.
- Reviews recent work on melt lubrication at the interface between two solid parts, one of which is at its melting point
- Employs variational principle with vanishing parameter in the study of linear and nonlinear transient heat conduction through bodies of finite length
- Reviews heat transfer in porous media and its rapidly growing body of literature
- Emphasizes recent developments in handling complex geometry, treating wide flow speed variations, yielding accurate solutions, and producing results efficiently as illustrated throughout with many examples
- Discusses unsteady convective situations which are generated in response to the time-dependent boundary conditions on the surface walls of a container, and its practical industrial applications
Mechanical, chemical, and civil engineers in research, graduate school, and industry.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1994
- 31st January 1994
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
University of Illinois, Chicago, U.S.A.
State University of New York at Stonybrook, U.S.A.
Drexel University, USA