Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advances in Dietary Lipids and Human Health systematically summarizes the recent research advances in dietary lipids and human health. This book will propose a strategy for the prevention of NCDs and the management of population and personal health through the rational use of dietary fat.
This book will cover the relationship between total lipids, saturated and unsaturated fatty acids and NCDs, and will also include other uncommon fatty acids (fatty acids present at a low content or else not contained in usual foods), such as conjugated fatty acids, middle and short chain fatty acid, furan fatty acids, n-3 docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), and structured fat.
Intended for nutrition researchers, dieticians, clinicians, and others in academia focused on medicine, preventive medicine, public health and food science students, this valuable reference provides information to assist in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, metabolic disorders, diabetes, neuropsychiatric diseases and cancer through the management of dietary lipids.
- Offers an evidence-based, systematic review of dietary fat and fatty acids and health
- Provides extensive knowledge on the relationship between type and quantity of lipid, fatty acids and NCDs
- Proposes a strategy for the prevention of NCDs and the management of population and personal health through the rational use of dietary fat
Nutrition researchers, dieticians, clinicians, and others in academia focused on medicine, preventive medicine, public health and food science students
- Marine lipids and diabetes
2. N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and Homocysteine metabolism
3. Conjugated linolenic acids and their bioactivities in human health
4. Lipids and blood pressure
5. Ximenynic Acid and its bioactivities
6. Lipids and birth defects
7. Effect of 1,3-diacylglycerol on cardiometabolic risk
8. The metabolites derived from lipids and their effects on human health
9. Dietary lipids and breast cancer
10. Lipids and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
11. Marine n-3 fatty acids and colon cancer
12. Lipids and cancers
13. Dietary fat and cardiometabolic health
14. Marine lipids and inflammatory diseases
15. Palmitoleic acid in health and disease
16. Lipids and brain/eyes
17. Lipids and nutrigenomics (personalized nutrition)
18. Lipids and mental health
19. Lipids in Infant formulas
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st May 2022
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Li is the chief professor of nutrition in the Institute of Nutrition & Health, Qingdao University, professor emeritus of nutrition in the Department of Food Science & Nutrition at Zhejiang University, China, and adjunct professor in the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics at Monash University, Australia. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (Lanzhou University, China), and MSc (University of Tasmania, Hobart) in Natural Products and PhD in Nutrition (RMIT University, Melbourne) in Australia. He was also a research fellow at Deakin University, and a senior research fellow at RMIT University. Dr Li has more than 390 peer reviewed scientific publications, 16 books or book chapters and 25 inventive patents. Dr Li has integrated research themes on lipids in some four areas: Dietary lipids intake and non-communicable diseases; Nutrigenetics/nutrigenomics of lipids; Metabolism of lipids and fatty acids; Bioactivity and safety evaluation of novel lipids and fatty acids.
Chief Professor of Nutrition, Institute of Nutrition and Health, Qingdao University; Professor Emeritus of Nutrition, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, China; Adjunct Professor, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Monash University, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.