1. Crystal growth - its significance for modern science and technology and its possible future applications (I. Sunagawa).
Part 1. Understanding of fundamental aspects in crystal growth
2. Fundamentals of phase field theory (R.F. Sekerka).
3. Generic mechanism of heterogeneous nucleation and molecular interfacial effects (X.Y. Liu).
4. Challenges in crystal growth science and the microgravity tool (A.A. Chernov).
5. Surface step dynamics: basic concepts, theory and simulation (M. Uwaha).
6. Surface step dynamics: experimental observations (J.J. Metois)
7. Elementary growth process in semiconductor epitaxy - Molecular beam epitaxy as an example of epitaxy - (T. Nishinaga).
8. Atomistic simulation of epitaxial growth processes (T.Ito).
Part 2. Materials design and functionality of advanced materials
9. Si bulk crystal growth: What and how? (K. Kakimoto).
10.Optimization of melt growth processes by experimental analysis and compyter modeling (G. Muller, B. Fischer).
11. Epitaxial lateral overgrowth in GaN (A. Usui, A. Sakai).
12. Effects of buffer layer and advanced technologies on heroepitaxy of GaN (K. Hiramatsu).
13. Self-assembled quantum dots systems: the case of GaN (B. Daudin).
14. Self-organised growth of silicon nanocrystal in nanocrystalline Si/SiO2 superlattices (L. Tsybeskov, D.J. Lockwood).
15. Growth and characterization of semiconductor silicon carbidge for electronic and optoelectron applications: an industrial perspective (H. McD. Hobgood, et al.).
16. Epitaxial growth of semiconductor silicon carbide: Fundamentals (H. Matsunami, T. Kimoto).
17. Crystal growth and characterization of magnetic semiconductors (K. Sato).
18. X-ray characterization of epitaxial layers (Y. Takeda, M. Tabuchi).