Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Information sharing and social computing: why, what and where? - Oded Nov
2. Social Network Sites: Users and Uses - Mike Thelwell
3. Highly Interactive Scalable Online Worlds - Graham Morgan
4. The Future of Social Websites: Sharing Data and Trusted Applications with Semantics - Sheila Kinsella, Alexandre Passant, John G. Breslin, Stefan Decker, and Ajit Jaokar
5. Semantic Web Services Architecture with Lightweight Descriptions of Services – Tomas Vitvar, Jacek Kopecky, Jana Viskova, Adrian Mocan, Mick Kerrigan and Dieter Fensel
6. Issues and Approaches for Web 2.0 Client Access to Enterprise Data – Avraham Leff and James T. Raymond
7. Web Content Filtering - José María Gómez Hidalgo, Enrique Puertas Sanz, Francisco Carrero García, and Manuel de Buenaga Rodríguez
This is volume 76 of the Advances in Computers. Since 1960, annual volumes are produced containing chapters by some of the leading experts in the field of computers today. For almost 50 years these volumes present ideas and developments that are radically changing our society.
One of the most important ideas sweeping though society today is the social networking website. Names like Wikipedia, Flickr, Second Life, Twitter, Facebook, Meetup, MySpace, LinkedIn, among others, are becoming common parlance as the youth, and a growing segment of the adult population, now view such websites as alternatives to the corner convenience store or coffee shop and critically important avenues for social interactions. In this volume we explore this phenomenon to describe the development of some of these ideas as well as developments in web technology that enable this to occur.
This volume contains seven chapters divided into two parts. The first three chapters describe the social networking phenomenon and provide insights into the technology and influences on our culture. The last four chapters provide details of the underlying technology that allows the web to expand to include these social networking sites, as well as other new applications for information dissemination, accessing, and sharing.
Researchers in high performance computer areas, hardware manufacturers, physics and scientific computation and computer science educational programs
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2009
- 20th May 2009
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
University of Maryland, Department of Computer Science, College Park, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.