1. Biomarkers of vulnerable atheromatous plaques: Translational medicine perspectives
- Xinkang Wang
2. Haptoglobin polymorphism and Infection
3. Serum Bilirubin Levels and Cardiovascular Disease Risk - a Janus bifrons?
-- Massimo Franchini, MD
4. Nad(P)H Oxidases In Coronary Artery Disease
5. Component resolved allergy diagnosis by microarray: potential, pitfalls and prospects
- De Knop KJ
6. Ocular angiogenesis: mechanisms and recent advances in therapy
7. Mitochondrial dysfunction, proteotoxicity and aging: causes or effects, and the possible impact of NAD+-controlled protein glycation
-Alan R. Hipkiss
Volume 47 in the internationally acclaimed Advances in Clinical Chemistry contains chapters submitted from leading experts from academia and clinical laboratory science. Authors are from a diverse field of clinical chemistry disciplines and diagnostics, ranging from basic biochemical exploration to cutting-edge microarray technology.
- Leading experts from academia and clinical laboratory science
- Volume emphasizes novel laboratory advances with application to clinical laboratory diagnostics and practical basic science studies
Biochemists and clinical biochemists
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 21st May 2010
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr Gregory S Makowski is a board certified clinical chemist and fellow of the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Following receipt of his PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Connecticut Storrs, he pursued post-doctoral studies at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine in Farmington that culminated in his joint appointments in the School of Medicine and the Department of Laboratory Medicine at John Dempsey Hospital. He has numerous clinical and basic science publications and serves on various scientific and editorial boards. He is actively engaged in the training of Pathology residents and fellows in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Hartford Hospital. He currently serves as Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer for Clinical Laboratory Partners in Newington CT, USA.
Clinical Laboratory Partners, Newington; Hartford Hospital, Hartford; Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA