Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Loneliness in childhood: toward the next generation of assessment and research
Molly Stroud Weeks and Steven R. Asher
- Cognitive and linguistic correlates of early exposure to more than one language
Nameera Akhtar and Jennifer A. Menjivar
- The legacy of early interpersonal experience
Glenn I. Roisman and R. Chris Fraley
- Some (but not much) progress toward understanding teenage childbearing: a review of research from the past decade
Claire A. Coyne and Brian M. D’Onofrio
- Social-emotional development through a behavior genetics lens: infancy through preschool
Lisabeth Fisher DiLalla, Paula Y. Mullineau and Sara J. W. Biebl
- The relation between space and math: developmental and educational implication
Kelly S. Mix and Yi-Ling Cheng
- Testing models of children’s self-regulation within educational contexts: implications for measurement
C. Cybele Raver, Jocelyn Smith Carter, Dana Charles McCoy, Amanda Roy, Alexandra Ursache and Allison Friedman
- Producing and understanding prosocial actions in early childhood
Markus Paulus and Chris Moore
- Food and family: a socio-ecological perspective for child development
Barbara H. Fiese and Blake L. Jones
Volume 42 of the Advances in Child Development and Behavior series includes 9 chapters that highlight some of the most recent research in the area.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail, including Loneliness in Childhood, The Legacy of Early Interpersonal Experience, The Relation Between Space and Math, and Producing and Understanding Prosocial Acts in Early Childhood.
Each chapter provides in-depth discussions and this volume serves as an invaluable resource for Developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
- 10 chapters that highlight some of the most recent research in the area
- A wide array of topics are discussed in detail
Developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2012
- 25th April 2012
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Janette B. Benson is an Associate Professor in the Psychology Department at the University of Denver. She served for five years as the Director of the University-wide Office of Academic Assessment and co-chaired the successful University reaccreditation. Most recently she served as the Associate Dean of the Morgridge College of Education (2014-2917). Dr. Benson’s expertise is in cognitive and sensorimotor development in infancy and early childhood, and her research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, The MacArthur Foundation and the March of Dimes. Dr. Benson has published several articles, book chapters and has edited or co-edited several books, including The Encyclopedia of Infancy and Early Childhood Development. She has been the recipient of several awards and honors, including the University of Denver Scholar – Teacher of the Year (1993), the 2000 CASE Colorado Professor of the Year, a Carnegie Scholar, a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science, member of the Board of Directors of Shortridge Academy, and the serial editor of Advances in Child Development and Behavior.
Department of Psychology, University of Denver, CO, USA