Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advances in Biological Science Research: A Practical Approach provides discussions on diverse research topics and methods in the biological sciences in a single platform. This book provides the latest technologies, advanced methods, and untapped research areas involved in diverse fields of biological science research such as bioinformatics, proteomics, microbiology, medicinal chemistry, and marine science. Each chapter is written by renowned researchers in their respective fields of biosciences and includes future advancements in life science research.
- Discusses various research topics and methods in the biological sciences in a single platform
- Comprises the latest updates in advanced research techniques, protocols, and methods in biological sciences
- Incorporates the fundamentals, advanced instruments, and applications of life science experiments
- Offers troubleshooting for many common problems faced while performing research experiments
PhD Students and researchers in all areas of microbiology
1. Bioinformatics Methods: Application Towards Analyses and Interpretation of Experimental Data
2. Genome Sequence Analysis for Bioprospecting of Marine Bacterial Polysaccharide-Degrading Enzymes
3. Proteomics Analysis of Mycobacterium Cells: Challenges and Progress
4. Plant Proteomics: A Guide to Improve the Proteome Coverage
5. Structural Analysis of Proteins Using X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Technique
6. Technological Advancements in Industrial Enzyme Research
7. Biotechnological Implications of Hydrolytic Enzymes from Marine Microbes
8. Recent Advances in Bioanalytical Techniques Using Enzymatic Assay
9. Microbial lectins: Roles and applications
10. Biodegradation of Fish Waste by Seaweed Associated Bacteria
11. Phosphate Solubilisation by Microorganisms: Overview, Mechanisms, Applications and Advances
12. Metagenomics- A Modern Approach to Reveal the Secrets of Unculturable Microbes
13. Halophililic Archaea as Beacon for Exobiology: Recent Advances and Future Challenges
14. Bacterial Probiotics Over Antibiotics: A Boon to Aquaculture
15. Recent Advances in Quorum Quenching of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria
16. Trends in Production and Fuel Properties of Biodiesel from Heterotrophic Microbes
17. Advances and microbial techniques for phosphorus recovery in sustainable wastewater management
18. Genotoxicity Assays: The Micronucleus Test and The Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis Assay
19. Advances in Methods and Practices of Ectomycorrhizal Research
20. Photocatalytic and Microbial degradation of Amaranth dye
21. Role of Nanoparticles in Advanced Biological Research
22. Iron-oxygen intermediates and their applications in biomimetic studies
23. Frontiers in Developmental Neurogenesis
24. Analytical Methods for Natural Products Isolation: Principle and Applications
25. Advanced Bioceramics
26. Production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates By Extremophilic Microorganisms Through Valorization of Waste Materials
27. Methods of Enhancing Mass Production of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal (AM) Fungi
28. Metagenomics: A Gateway to Drug Discovery
29. Recent Advancement in Isolation & Characterization of Cosmeceutical Compounds from Marine Algae
30. Advances in isolation and preservation strategies of ecologically important marine protists, the thraustochytrids
31. Advances in sampling strategies and analysis of phytoplankton
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 18th May 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Postdoctoral Researcher, Biological Oceanography Division, National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India Dr. Surya Nandan Meena, Postdoctoral, National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa, India Dr. Surya Nandan Meena is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the National Institute of Oceanography, India. He has also served as a Senior Research Fellow at ICAR, India and as a Research Scholar at Goa University, India.He has published multiple articles and book chapters as well as co-edited the Elsevier book Advance in Biological Science Research: A Practical Approach.
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Goa University, Goa, India Dr. Surya Nandan Meena is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the National Institute of Oceanography, India. He has also served as a Senior Research Fellow at ICAR, India and as a Research Scholar at Goa University, India.
Has a PhD in Microbiology and is presently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Microbiology at Goa University on the UGC- sponsored Microbiology (M.Sc.) innovative programme-Teaching and Research in Interdisciplinary and emerging areas. His research interests are applied microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, Marine Microbiology, Microbial genetics, Nanobiotechnology, Quorum sensing.
Department of Microbiology, Gao University, Gao, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.