Section 1: FEEDSTOCKS
1. Biofuel feedstocks and their prospect for a sustainable and alternative fuel
Muhammad Rizwan Sr.
2. Classification of alternative fuels for different applications (IC engines, Jet engines) and Comparison of different fuels in terms of their gaseous and particulate matter emissions from these engines
3. Biofuel supply chain optimization: Mathematical programming approaches
Section 2: PRODUCTION
4. Microalgae an emerging source for mitigation of heavy metals and its potential implications for biodiesel production
5. Production of biofuel from biomass downdraft gasification and its applications
6. Microwave enhanced catalytic conversion of canola-based methyl ester: Optimization and parametric study
Lai Fatt Chuah
7. Recent trends and challenges in biofuel conversion technologies
8. Exploration and enhancement on Fuel stability of biodiesel: Step forward in the track of global commercialization
Section 3: ENGINE PERFORMANCE, EMISSIONS AND COMBUSTION CHARACTERISTICS
9. Experimental studies on the usage of methyl esters of Pongamia oil fuelled direct injection diesel engine for environmental protection
10. Assessment of performance, combustion and emission behaviour of novel Annona biodiesel operated diesel engine
11. Investigation of engine performance and emission and combustion using advanced biofuel
12. Performance, combustion and emission characteristics of DI diesel engine using Mahua biodiesel
13. Performance and exhaust emission studies of thermal barrier coated single cylinder CI, DI, Diesel engine running on vegetable oil, bio-diesel and blends
14. Biodiesel-diesel-alcohol blend as an alternative fuel for DI engine
Section 4: APPLICATIONS
15. Progress in biofuel generation and its application in fuel cell
16. Study of oxygenated eco-fuel applications in CI engine, gas turbine and Jet engine
17. Eco-fuel applications in CI engine
18. Comparative evaluation of corrosion behavior of Aegle Marmelos Correa biodiesel and diesel on copper and mild steel metals
Advanced Biofuels: Applications, Technologies, and Environmental Sustainability presents recent developments and applications of biofuels in the field of internal combustion engines, with a primary focus on the recent approaches of biodiesel applications, low emission alternative fuels, and environmental sustainability. Editors Dr. Azad and Dr. Rasul, along with their team of expert contributors, combine a collection of extensive experimental investigations on engine performance and emissions and combustion phenomena using different types of oxygenated fuel with in-depth research on fuel applications, an analysis of available technologies and resources, energy efficiency improvement methods, and applications of oxygenated fuel for the sustainable environment.
Academics, researchers, engineers and technologists will develop a greater understanding of the relevant concepts and solutions to the global issues related to achieving alternative energy application for future energy security, as well as environmental sustainability in medium and large-scale industries.
- Fills a gap in the literature on alternative fuel applications with in-depth research and experimental investigations of different approaches, technologies and applications
- Considers the important issue of sustainability using case studies to deepen understanding
- Includes energy security within various industries, including aviation and transport
Practicing energy engineers and technologists, department of energy employees concerned with sustainability planning, environmental protection organizations, Energy academics & researchers, Masters and PhD students of energy
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 10th June 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Azad’s research focuses on advanced biofuel production and combustion, energy extraction and processing, advanced computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling and analysis, renewable energy (bioenergy, wind energy etc.), and natural gas processing and oil refinery.
Research Scholar, School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Australia
Professor Rasul specializes in clean and sustainable energy technologies and their applications in industries. His research mainly focuses on renewable energy (solar, wind, biomass and biofuels), building energy (domestic, institutional and commercial buildings), industrial energy (process and resource industries), and thermo-chemical conversion of energy (combustion, gasification and pyrolysis).
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Australia