Advanced Array Systems, Applications and RF Technologies adopts a holistic view of arrays used in radar, electronic warfare, communications, remote sensing and radioastronomy. Radio frequency (RF) and intermediate frequency (IF) signal processing is assuming a fundamental importance, owing to its increasing ability to multiply a system's capabilities in a cost-effective manner. This book comprehensively covers the important front-end RF subsystems of active phased arrays, so offering array designers new and exciting opportunities in signal processing.
* provides an up to date record of existing systems from different applications
* explores array systems under development
* bridges the gap between textbook coverage of idealized phased arrays and practical knowledge of working phased arrays
* recognises the significance of cost to the realization of phased arrays
* discusses future advances in the field that promise to deliver even more affordable arrays ['intelligent' or self-focussing/-cohering arrays]
Engineers and scientists in the radar/antenna industry and researchers and graduate students in electronic engineering.
Table of Contents
Series Preface. Preface. List of Abbreviations. Systems and Applications. From Array Theory to Shared Aperture Arrays. Array Antenna Elements. Transmit/Receive Modules. Beamformers. References. Index.