This manual encompasses a comprehensive approach to the management of labour. Based on the simple proposition that effective uterine action is the key to normal delivery, Active Management of Labour covers all aspects of delivery for nulliparous women with vertex presentation and single foetus.
This is an accessible and practical guide for obstetricians and midwives as well as anaesthetists and the auxiliary staff of maternity units.
- Encourages an active interest in labour by all professional staff
- Emphasises the importance of constant personal attention and good communication in labour
- Discusses in detail the need to distinguish between:
- first and subsequent births
- single cephalic and all other pregnancies
- induction and acceleration of labour
- Fosters the development of a team
- spirit between midwife and obstetrician
- Demonstrates how good labour ward organisation can improve care
- Proves the importance of audit in ensuring quality of care
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2004
- 24th November 2003
- Mosby Ltd.
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.