Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Abscisic acid metabolism and transport
Mitsunori Seo and Annie Marion-Poll
2. PYR/PYL/RCAR ABA receptors
Pedro L. Rodriguez, Jorge Lozano-Juste, and Armando Albert
3. ABA-responsive gene expression in response to drought stress: cellular regulation and long-distance signaling
Daisuke Todaka, Fuminori Takahashi, Kazuko Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, and Kazuo Shinozaki
4. ABA signaling in guard cells
Valerie Cotelle and Nathalie Leonhardt
5. ABA responses during seed development and germination
6. Multifaceted involvement of abscisic acid in plant interactions with pathogenic and mutualistic microbe
7. Interactions between abscisic acid and other hormones
Saad Hussain, Malaika Maraya Gomes, Kentaro Yano, and Eiji Nambara
8. Evolution of ABA signalling pathways
Andrew C. Cuming
9. Chemistry and chemical biology of ABA
Suzanne R. Abrams and Michele C. Loewen
10. Abscisic acid as a gateway for the crops of tomorrow
Wim Dejonghe and Sean R. Cutler
Abscisic Acid in Plants, Volume 92, the latest release in the Advances in Botanical Research series, is a compilation of the current state-of-the-art on the topic. Chapters in this new release comprehensively describe latest knowledge on how ABA functions as a plant hormone. They cover topics related to molecular mechanisms as well as the biochemical and chemical aspects of ABA action: hormone biosynthesis, catabolism, transport, perception, signaling in plants, seeds and in response to biotic and abiotic stresses, hormone evolution and chemical biology, and much more.
- Presents the latest release in the Advances in Botanical Research series
- Provides an Ideal resource for post-graduates and researchers in the plant sciences, including plant physiology, plant genetics, plant biochemistry, plant pathology, and plant evolution
- Contains contributions from internationally recognized authorities in their respective fields
Undergraduate and graduate students, university lecturers and professors and researchers (primarily in plant field)
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 20th November 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Annie Marion-Poll is a research director at INRA (National Institute for Agricultural Research) in Versailles, France. During her early career, she studied nitrate assimilation in tobacco-related species. Then, as a team leader, she developed genetic and molecular biology approaches, first in tobacco and then in Arabidopsis thaliana, for the identification of genes encoding enzymes of the abscisic biosynthesis pathway. She also worked at a better understanding of the regulation of ABA metabolism in seeds and plant stress adaptation. Her current research aims at deciphering molecular processes involved in the hormonal control of seed dormancy and germination.
Institut Jean-Pierre Bourgin, France
Mitsunori Seo is a Unit Leader (principal investigator) of Dormancy and Adaptation Research Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science, Japan. His has been studying molecular mechanisms of plant hormone functions, especially the biosynthesis and transport, in relation to plant responses to environmental stresses and regulation of seed dormancy and germination.
RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science, Japan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.