Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
A Practical Guide to Piping and Valves for the Oil and Gas Industry covers how to select, test and maintain the right oil and gas valve. Each chapter focuses on a specific type of valve with a built-in structured table on valve selection. Covering both onshore and offshore projects, the book also gives an introduction to the most common types of corrosion in the oil and gas industry, including CO2, H2S, pitting, crevice, and more. A model to evaluate CO2 corrosion rate on carbon steel piping is introduced, along with discussions on bulk piping components, including fittings, gaskets, piping and flanges.
Rounding out with chapters devoted to valve preservation to protect against harmful environments and factory acceptance testing, this book gives engineers and managers a much-needed tool to better understand today’s valve technology.
- Presents oil and gas examples and challenges relating to valves, including many illustrations from valves in different stages of projects
- Helps readers understand valve materials, testing, actuation, packing and preservation, also including a new model to evaluate CO2 corrosion rates on carbon steel piping
- Presents structured valve selection tables in each chapter to help readers pick the right valve for the right project
Piping engineers; valve engineers; refinery managers; material engineers in the oil and gas industry
1. Ball Valves Applications and Design
2. Butterfly Valves Applications and Design
3. Plug Valves Application and Design
4. Through Conduit Gate Valves Applications and Design
5. Modular Valves Applications and Design
6. Wedge Gate Valves Applications and Design
7. Globe Valve Applications and Design
8. Piston Check Valves
9. Dual Plate Check Valves
10. Non Slam Check Valves
11. Pipeline Valves
12. Valve Technology and Selection
13. Piping and Valve Corrosion Study
14. Bulk Piping Items
15. Piping and Valve Material Selection in Offshore
16. Piping Special Items
17. Valve Actuation
18. Valves Preservation and Packing Requirements
19. Valve Gear Box Considerations
20. Factory Acceptance Test
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2021
- 16th January 2021
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Karan Sotoodeh is currently a Senior / Lead Engineer in valves and actuators for Baker Hughes, one of the world’s largest oil field services company. He is responsible for engineering and delivering valves and actuators in subsea manifolds, Preparing engineering documents and working with valve suppliers , R&D activities, and maintaining the company’s valve database. He previously worked for AkerSolutions, NLI Engineering, and Nargan Engineers as a senior specialist in piping and valves, assisting with many projects around the world. He has authored many articles and is currently writing articles for Valve World magazine. Karan earned a master of research in mechanical engineering and a masters in oil and gas engineering, both from Robert Gordon University of Aberdeen, and a bachelors in industrial engineering from the Iran University of Science and Technology.
Senior Lead Engineer, Valves and Actuators, Valve Engineering Group, Manifold department, Baker Hughes, Oslo, Norway
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.