- The first analytical history of weed science to be written
- Compares the development of weed science, entomology and plant pathology
- Identifies the primary founders of weed science and describes their role
Graduate students, faculty, and researchers in weed science
Table of Contents
Chapter I. Reasons for writing a history of weed science in the U.S.
Chapter II. The development of entomology and plant pathology and their societies in comparison to weed science.
Chapter III. Beginning the study of weeds
Chapter IV. The founders of weed science and weed science societies.
Chapter V. Creation and development of university weed science programs.
Chapter VI. Development of herbicides after 1945
Chapter VII. The creation and development of weed societies
Chapter VIII. Weed science and changes in agricultural practice.
Chapter IX. Weed science and the agrochemical industry.
Chapter X. The consequences of weed science’s pattern of development.
- No. of pages: 224
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2010
- Published: February 4, 2010
- Imprint: Elsevier
- eBook ISBN: 9780123815026
About the Author
Robert L Zimdahl
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "A History of Weed Science in the United States"