This clinical guide and practical reference is ideal for those who use and combine liquid herbal remedies for the individual needs of the patient. With three introductory chapters, 125 monographs, and various glossaries and appendices, it covers the fundamental concepts of using liquid herbals, including how the remedies are made, quality issues, and dosage guidelines. The monographs include full prescribing information that covers actions, indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions, interactions, side effects, dosage, traditional usage, pharmacological research, clinical studies, and full references.
- Focuses solely on liquid herbal preparations — making it a must-have resource and the only book of its kind.
- Covers approximately 125 herb profiles in detail.
- Offers the widest range of research-backed information currently available on herbs.
- Begins with basic principles to give practitioners confidence in the accuracy and precision of their prescriptions.
- Written by one of the leading names in herbal medicine.
- Clinically relevant with quick access to dosage information, contraindications, and more.
Part I: Overview
Chapter 1: Fundamental Concepts
Chapter 2: Formulating for the Individual Patient
Chapter 3: How to use the Monographs
Part II: Monographs
Dandelion (leaf and root)-
St John's Wort-
A. Dosage Summary Chart
B. Glossary of Herbal Actions
C. Glossary Clinical Trial Terms
D. Herb Listing by Actions
E. Action Listing by Herbs
F. Herbs Possibly Contraindicated in Pregnancy
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2004
- 18th August 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Head of Research and Development, MediHerb (Pty) Ltd, Warwick, Queensland; Principal, Australian College of Phytotherapy, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.