Reflecting the recent completion of LTE’s specification, the new edition of this bestseller has been fully updated to provide a complete picture of the LTE system. The latest LTE standards are included on the radio interface architecture, the physical layer, access procedures, MBMS, together with three brand new chapters on LTE Transmission Procedures, Flexible Bandwidth in LTE and LTE evolution into IMT-Advanced.
Key technologies presented include multi-carrier transmission, advanced single-carrier transmission, advanced receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna solutions, advanced radio resource management and protocols, and different radio network architectures. Their role and use in the context of mobile broadband access in general is explained. Both a high-level overview and more detailed step-by-step explanations of HSPA and LTE implementation are given. An overview of other related systems such as TD SCDMA, CDMA2000, and WiMAX is also provided.
The new edition has up-to-date coverage of the recently published LTE Release 8 radio-access standard, giving the reader insight into the ongoing and future process of LTE and LTE-Advanced standardisation.
Coverage on LTE in this edition includes ( total of 270 pages on LTE):
- Easy-to-access overview of the LTE protocol layers
- Complete description of LTE physical layer including reference signals, control signalling, multi-antenna transmission schemes
- Covers both FDD and TDD, their fundamental difference and their impact on the LTE design
- Detailed description of access procedures including cell search, random access, broadcast of system information
- Transmission procedures, including retransmission protocols, scheduling, uplink power control
- Evolution towards IMT-Advanced ("4G")
"Reading a specification requires some effort. After reading the spec, you would know WHAT to transmit, but not WHY and HOW. This is w
Communications engineers working in wireless and cellular communications; signal processing engineers.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2009
- 6th August 2008
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: