Workplace Security Essentials
A Guide for Helping Organizations Create Safe Work Environments
- Eric Smith, CPP, director of security at HSS, Inc.
Every organization, be it large or small, needs to be prepared to protect its facilities, inventory, and, most importantly, its staff. Workplace Security Essentials is the perfect training resource to help businesses implement successful security measures, boost employee morale and reduce turnover, protect the companyâs reputation and public profile, and develop the ability to process and analyze risks of all kinds.
Workplace Security Essentials helps the reader understand how different business units can work together and make security a business function-not a burden or extra cost.
AudienceBusiness owners, executives, and managers in any size organization; practitioners in every area of security; school administrators; human resource managers; and anyone interested in making his or her organization a safer, more secure place to work
- Published: April 2014
- Imprint: BUTTERWORTH HEINEMANN
- ISBN: 978-0-12-416557-1
Table of Contents
1: The Fighting Stance: Security Awareness
2. Developing a Security Focus: Identifying Critical Assets
3. Building Skills with Basics: Learning to Identify Threats
4. Playing with Blocks: Protecting Whatâs Important - Vulnerabilities
5. Practice Makes Perfect: Karate Forms and Organizational Memory
6. When They Are Close Enough to Kiss: Internal Threats
7. Getting Your Kicks: Responding to External Threats
8. When Things Get Down and Dirty: Workplace Violence
9. Freestyle Sparring: Learning to Fight Back - Emergency Operations Planning
10. Down, but Not Out: Disaster Drills and Recovery
11. The Dos and Donâts of Self Defense: Understanding Your Premise Liability
12. Weapons of Organizational Self Defense: Security Protection Systems
13. Personnel Safety Is Personal Safety
14. The Wrap: Good Security Is Good Business