UTM Security with Fortinet
- Kenneth Tam, Kenneth Tam, Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), is a senior security engineer at Fortinet, providing hands-on installation, support, and training to customers in the North Central United States. He has over 15 years' experience in the networking/security field from working with companies such as Juniper Networks, Netscreen Technologies, 3com, and US Robotics.
- Martín Hoz Salvador, Martín H. Hoz Salvador, Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), is a systems engineering manager for Latin America and the Caribbean at Fortinet. In this capacity he oversees business development from the engineering standpoint, which includes hands-on demonstrations, partners training, and developing technical documentation. He has over 15 years' experience in the networking/security field, and is a regular presenter at security conferences in Latin America and Europe.
- Ken McAlpine, Ken McAlpine, Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE), Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), is a senior consulting systems engineer at Fortinet. His areas of interest and expertise include the overall design, security, implementation, and documentation of a secure smart grid network. As an expert in the field, he regularly presents at conferences, including the Smart Grid Interoperability Conference.
- Rick Basile
- Bruce Matsugu, Bruce Matsugu, Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), is a consulting systems engineer at Fortinet
- Josh More, Senior Security Consultant, RJS Smart Security (CISSP, GIAC-GCIH, GIAC-GSLC)
Traditionally, network security (firewalls to block unauthorized users, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) to keep attackers out, Web filters to avoid misuse of Internet browsing, and antivirus software to block malicious programs) required separate boxes with increased cost and complexity. Unified Threat Management (UTM) makes network security less complex, cheaper, and more effective by consolidating all these components. This book explains the advantages of using UTM and how it works, presents best practices on deployment, and is a hands-on, step-by-step guide to deploying Fortinet's FortiGate in the enterprise.
Network administrators, Information security managers, Network security architects, Computer security and data security professionals