Topics in Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation
- Kurt Jetter, Universitat Hohenheim, Institut fur Angewandte Mathematik und Statistik, Stuttgart, Germany
- Martin Buhmann, Universitaet Giessen, Math. Institut, Germany
- Werner Haussmann, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Institut f. Mathematik, Germany
- Robert Schaback, Universitaet Goettingen, Inst. F. Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik, Germany
- Joachim Stoeckler, Universitaet Dortmund, Fachbereich Mathematik, Germany
This book is a collection of eleven articles, written by leading experts and dealing with special topics in Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation. The material discussed here has far-reaching applications in many areas of Applied Mathematics, such as in Computer Aided Geometric Design, in Mathematical Modelling, in Signal and Image Processing and in Machine Learning, to mention a few. The book aims at giving a comprehensive information leading the reader from the fundamental notions and results of each field to the forefront of research. It is an ideal and up-to-date introduction for graduate students specializing in these topics, and for researchers in universities and in industry.
Researchers, graduate students.