The Role of Gender in Educational Contexts and OutcomesEdited by
- Lynn Liben
- Rebecca Bigler
Volume 46 of Advances in Child Development and Behavior includes chapters that highlight some the most recent research in the area of gender in educational, contexts and outcomes.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail, including sexism, race and gender issues, sexual orientation, single-sex education, and physical education.
Each chapter provides in-depth discussions, and this volume serves as an invaluable resource for developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
Developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
Hardbound, 440 Pages
Published: September 2014
Imprint: Academic Press
- 1. Sexism in School Contexts
2. Gendered Peer Relations in Educational Contexts
Carol Lynn Martin
3. Boys of Color: Creating Auspicious Environments to Promote Success at School
Oscar F. Barbarin
4. Motivation in Educational Contexts: Does Gender Matter?
5. Gender-related Academic and Occupational Interests and Goals
6. Mechanisms by Which Single-Sex Education Affects Childrenâs Outcomes
Amy Robertson Hayes
7. Victimization Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Atypicality: Academic Outcomes and Implications for Education
V. Paul Poteat
8. Race and Gender Issues in Schools
9. Gender-targeted STEM Interventions: Implicit Assumptions and Developmental Consequences
Lynn S. Liben
10. Physical Education, Sports, and Gender in Schools
Melinda A. Solmon