The Dry Eye
A Practical ApproachBy
- Sudi Patel, BSc(Hons), MPhil, PhD, FCOptom, FAAO, Optometric Adviser to the Common Services Agency and Scottish Executive (the Scottish Parliament), Edinburgh, Scotland, UK; Visiting Professor, Institute of Ophthalmology, University Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Alicante, Spain
- Kenny Blades, BSc(Hons), PhD, CBiol, MIBiol, Clinical testing at an international pharmaceutical company, UK; Formerly Department of Optometry, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
This invaluable text covers the successful management of dry eye conditions very succinctly and in a way relevant for the modern practitioner or student. Setting goals and treatment objectives, and brimming with sound practical advice, it adopts a clinical decision-making approach to the subject. Management and treatment options are prioritized and evidence-based.
An essential pocket reference for all students and practitioners treating dry eye conditions including ophthalmologists, optometrists, dispensing opticians, ophthalmic nurses and all those involved in the management of these challenging conditions.
Paperback, 104 Pages
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
- 1. Review of the tear film: a diagnosis and decision making chart
3. Patient self assessment
4. Laboratory and clinical tests
5. Stability of the tear film
6. Value of the tear film
7. Quality of the tear film
8. Ocular surface health
9. Examples of Dry Eye Questionnaires