Pyrolysis - GC/MS Data Book of Synthetic Polymers
Pyrograms, Thermograms and MS of Pyrolyzates
- Shin Tsuge, Emeritus Professor Nagoya University, Japan
- Hajima Ohtani, Nagoya Institute of Technololgy, Japan
- Chuichi Watanabe, Frontier Laboratories Ltd., Fukushima, Japan
This book incorporates recent technological advances in analytical pyrolysis methods especially useful for the characterization of 163 typical synthetic polymers. The book briefly reviews the instrumentation available in advanced analytical pyrolysis, and offers guidance to perform effectually this technique combining with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. Main contents are comprehensive sample pyrograms, thermograms, identification tables, and representative mass spectra (MS) of pyrolyzates for synthetic polymers. This edition also highlights thermally-assisted hydrolysis and methylation technique effectively applied to 33 basic condensation polymers.
AudienceChemists, Analytical Chemists and Chemical Engineers, in polymer research. Academics and research students in these areas.
- Published: September 2011
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-53892-5
Table of Contents
3. Pyrograms and Thermograms of 163 High Polymers, and MS Data of the Major Pyrolyzates
4. Pyrograms for 33 Condensation Polymers and MS Data of the Major Pyrolyzates Obtained in the Presence of Organic Alkaline
5. Appendix Monographs and Reviews for Pyrolysis-GC of Polymers