Public Health Mini-Guides: ObesityEdited by
- Nick Townsend
- Angela Scriven
Obesity and its linked morbidity and mortality is a significant public health challenge on a global scale and places a burden not only on the individual but also on society as a whole. This Mini-Guide presents key themes relating to this challenge, including the means of measuring obesity, the most recent prevalence and trends, the health consequences and causes of obesity along with approaches to counter obesity both at an individual and a population level.
Nursing and allied health students; Public Health and Health Promotion students.
Paperback, 144 Pages
Published: January 2014
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
1. Defining the obesity problem
2. Obesity prevalence and trends
3. The health consequences of obesity
4. Causes of obesity
5. Individual interventions to treat obesity
6. Population approaches to preventing obesity