Physiotherapy in PediatricsBy
- Roberta Shepherd, MA, EdD (Columbia), FACP, Honorary Professor, Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, Australia
Extensively revised and updated, the new edition of this classic text continues to provide an essential introduction to paediatric physiotherapy. With increased research findings the physiotherapy for movement-disabled individuals is changing from the neurophysiologic or neurodevelopmental therapeutic approach to a movement science based approach. This book now includes valuable new chapters on:
* Development of movement and skill
* Training motor control and optimising motor learning
* Maturational, pathophysiological and recovery processes in the CNS
All remaining chapters have been updated to include the clinical relevance of recent scientific developments. The references and additional reading lists have been expanded to guide the student of paediatric physiotherapy towards useful further reading.
'Physiotherapy in Paediatrics' remains an indispensible guide to paediatric physiotherapy for the student and practitioner physiotherapist.
Paperback, 432 Pages
Published: March 1995
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
- Introduction to paediatrics; Neurological disorders; Congenital abnormalities; Disorders of bones, joints, muscles and skin; Disorders of the respiratory system; Appendices