Physical Therapies in Sport and ExerciseEdited by
- Gregory Kolt, BSc, BAppSc(Phty), Grad DipEd, GradDipBehavHlthCare, PhD, Head, School of Biomedical & Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Penrith, Australia
- Lynn Snyder-Mackler, PT, ATC, ScD, SCS, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Graduate Program in Biomechanics and Movement Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Physical Therapies in Sport and Exercise provides a truly comprehensive source of the latest evidence-based approaches to the assessment, management, rehabilitation and prevention of injuries related to sport and exercise. Written by an international, multidisciplinary team of contributors, all of whom are leaders in their fields, it has been expertly compiled and edited by two experienced and well-respected practitioners from Australia/New Zealand and the USA.
Hardbound, 644 Pages
Published: August 2007
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- 1. The role of the physical therapies in sport, exercise and physical activity.
SECTION 1: Management principles for musculoskeletal tissue in the physical therapies
2. Muscle. 3. Tendon. 4. Ligament. 5. Bone. 6. Nerves.
SECTION 2 Concepts in managing sport and exercise injuries
7. Motor control. 8. Pain. 9. Exercise-based conditioning and rehabilitation. 10. Psychology of injury and rehabilitation. 11. Screening for sport and exercise participation. 12. Clinical outcomes in sport and exercise participation. 13. Electrophysical agents in sport and exercise injury management.
SECTION 3 Regional sport and exercise injury management
14. Spine. 15. Shoulder. 16. Elbow. 17. Wrist and hand. 18. Pelvis, hip and groin. 19. Thigh. 20. Knee. 21. Patellofemoral joint. 22. Leg. 23. Foot and ankle.
SECTION 4 The role of sport and exercise physical therapies in active groups
24. Children and adolescents. 25. Older exercise participants. 26. The active female. 27. Athletes with disability.
SECTION 5 Medical considerations for rehabilitation practitioners in sport and exercise settings
28. Pharmacological agents in sport and exercise. 29. Medical imaging of injury. 30. Medical issues in sport and exercise.