Master Medicine: General and Systematic Pathology
- Paul Bass, BSc, MD, FRCPath, Consultant in Histopathology and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Southampton, UK
- Susan Burroughs, BSc, BM, FRCPath, Consultant in Histopathology, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, Salisbury, UK
- Norman Carr, Professor of Anatomical Pathology
- Claire Way, BSc, MBChB, MRCPath,, Consultant in Histopathology, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
- Published: October 2008
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-08-045129-9
Table of ContentsPart 1: General Pathology
Pathology, health and disease. The diagnostic process: from clinical reasoning to molecular biology. Cell growth and adaptation. Cell injury. Cascades, haemostasis and shock. Atherosclerosis and thrombosis. The immune system 1. The immune system 2. Inflammation. Healing and repair. Differentiation, growth disorders and neoplasia. Classification of neoplasms. Cell and tissue degeneration and accumulation.
Part 2: Systematic Pathology
Cardiovascular system. Respiratory tract. Upper gastrointestinal tract. Lower gastrointestinal tract. Liver, biliary tract and exocrine pancreas. Endocrine system. Female breast. Female genital tract. Male genital tract. Urinary tract. Lymphoreticular system. Bones and soft tissue. Skin. Nervous system.