Marine Mammals and Noise
- Sue Moore
- Bernd Wursig, Texas A&M University, Galveston, Texas, USA By
- W. Richardson, LGL Ltd. Environmental Research Associates, King City, Ontario, Canada
- Charles Greene, Jr., Greeneridge Sciences, Inc.
- Charles Malme, BBN Systems & Technologies Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Denis Thomson, LGL Ltd. Environmental Research Associates, King City, Ontario, Canada
- Published: June 1998
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-588441-9
"the text is well written and flows quite smoothly... a valuable, detailed source book for any marine biologist, and certainly for marine mammologists, be they field researchers or agency officers and administrators. Strongly recommend."
Praise for the Book, --JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL MARINE BIOLOGY AND ECOLOGY, 1997
"...provides a comprehensive review of the effects of man-made noise on marine mammals... very timely given the growing interest and concern about underwater noise as a form of habitat degradation in the marine environment. I strongly recommend this book for anyone interested in bioacoustics, marine biology, or the conservation of marine animals. It will be the standard reference for a large body of literature..."
--ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR, 1997
"A very readable text and specific topics are quite easy to locate...The authors are to be congratulated for the depth of their research and particularly for the clarity and objectivity of their presentation of what is a technically complex, sometimes emotive and frequently misinterpreted subject area... Thoroughly recommended reading and an excellent reference."
--David Goodson, Loughborough University, in AQUATIC MAMMALS