Manual of Equine ReproductionBy
- Steven Brinsko, DVM, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
- Terry Blanchard, DVM, MS, Dipl ACT, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
- Dickson Varner, DVM, MS, Dipl ACT, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
- James Schumacher, DVM, MS, MRCVS, Dip ACVS, Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA
- Charles Love, DVM, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
Now in full color, Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive look at the reproductive management of horses, including management of stallions, pregnant mares, and neonatal foals. Expert authors use a concise, practical approach in discussing improved therapies and treatments in equine breeding. Youll enhance your skills and knowledge with this books detailed coverage of techniques used in reproductive examination, breeding procedures, pregnancy diagnosis, foaling, and reproductive tract surgery.
Paperback, 336 Pages
Published: May 2010
1. Reproductive Anatomy of the Mare
2. Reproductive Physiology of the Nonpregnant Mare expanded chapter!
3. Manipulation of Estrus in the Mare expanded chapter!
4. Breeding Soundness Examination of the Mare
5. Transrectal Ultrasonography in Broodmare Practice
7. Pregnancy: Physiology and Diagnosis
8. Pregnancy Loss
9. Management of the Pregnant Mare
10. Dystocia and Postparturient Disease
11. Routine Management of the Neonatal Foal expanded chapter!
12. Semen Collection and Artificial Insemination with Fresh Semen
13. Examination of the Stallion for Breeding Soundness
14. Semen Preservation
15. Surgery of the Mare Reproductive Tract
16. Surgery of the Stallion Reproductive Tract
17. Embryo Transfer
18. Evaluation of Breeding Records
19. Assisted Reproductive Technology NEW chapter!