Level of Detail for 3D Graphics
- David Luebke, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Martin Reddy, CEO, Code Reddy
- Jonathan Cohen, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Amitabh Varshney, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, U.S.A.
- Benjamin Watson, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, U.S.A.
- Robert Huebner, Nihilistic Software, Novato, CA, U.S.A.
Continuing advances in level of detail management have brought this powerful technology to the forefront of 3D graphics optimization research. This book, written by the very researchers and developers who have built LOD technology, is both a state-of-the-art chronicle of LOD advances and a practical sourcebook, which will enable graphics developers from all disciplines to apply these formidable techniques to their own work.
Computer graphics professionals, game developers
- Published: July 2002
- Imprint: MORGAN KAUFMANN
- ISBN: 978-1-55860-838-2
"A textbook treatment of the concepts, theories, algorithms and data structures essential for modeling detailed three-dimensional graphic worlds. The authors provide a conceptual framework for striking the tricky balance between increasing levels of detail (LOD) and the need for smooth, flowing animation. This technical reference will be of use to professionals in game development, computer animation, information visualization, and virtual reality fields." - Design Issues