Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Disease: Neonatology Questions and Controversies
Expert Consult - Online and PrintBy
- Robin Ohls
- Akhil Maheshwari
Hematology, Immunology and Infectious Disease, a volume in Dr. Polinâs Neonatology: Questions and Controversies Series, offers expert authority on some of the toughest challenges you face in your practice. This medical reference book will help you provide better evidence-based care and improve patient outcomes with research on the latest advances.
Hardbound, 368 Pages
Published: March 2012
1. Updated Information on Stem Cells for the Neonatologist
2. Current Issues in the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Thrombocytopenia
3. The role of recombinant leukocyte colony-stimulating factors in the neonatal intensive care unit
4. non-hematopoietic effects of erythropoietin
5. Why, When and How Should We Provide Red Cell Transfusions and Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents to Support Red Cell Mass In Neonates
6. Diagnosis and Treatment of Immune Mediated and Non-Immune Mediated Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn
8 A Practical Approach to the Neutropenic Neonate
9. What evidence supports dietary intervention to prevent infant allergy and food allergy development?
10. Maternally-mediated Neonatal Autoimmunity
11. CMV: Diagnosis, treament and considerations on vaccine mediated prevention
12. Neonatal T-Cell Immunity and itâs Regulation by Innate Immunity an Dendritic Cells?
14. Probiotics for the prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm neonates
15. The Ureaplasma conundrum: should we look or ignore?
16. Control of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
17. Neonatal Fungal Infections
18. Use of Biomarkers for detection of early and late onset neonatal sepsis
19. Chorioamnionitis and its effects on the fetus/neonate
Irina A. Buhimschi