Handbook of Pollution Prevention and Cleaner Production Vol. 3: Best Practices in the Agrochemical IndustryBy
- Nicholas P Cheremisinoff, Consulting Engineer, Ph.D. (Ch.E.). Consulting engineer
The Handbook of Cleaner Production comprises a series of reference guides to cleaner production methods, technologies, and practices for key industry sectors.
Each volume covers, for each industry sector:
* manufacturing technologies
* waste management
* pollution control and remediation
* methods for estimating and reporting emissions
* treatment and control technologies
* health risk exposures for workers and the wider community
* cost data for pollution management
* cleaner production and prevention options
* safe chemical handling practices
Best Practices in the Agrochemical Industry includes coverage of pollution of drinking water (atrazine, trichloropropane and DBCP and the risks associated with them, such as miscarriages and infertility), pesticide residues in food, a case study of worker pesticide exposure and cancer, contaminants in organic food, etc.
Environmental Scientists and Engineers, Agrochemical Industry, Government and policy makers.
Hardbound, 320 Pages
Published: December 2010
Imprint: William Andrew
Chapter 1. Industry and Products
Chapter 2. Pollution and Pollution Prevention
Chapter 3. Toxic and Dangerous PropertiesChapter 4. Atrazine
Chapter 5. 1,2,3-Trichloropropane (Tcp)Chapter 6. Ddt And Related Compounds
Chapter 7. Agent OrangeChapter 8. Pesticide Residue in Foods
Chapter 9 EPA Screening Levels and Pesticide Status