- Sung-Hoon Kim, Department of Textile System Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Functional Dyes discusses the synthesis of these new, high-value dyes and pigments as well as their applications and performance. The chapters are arranged so that the reader logically advances from the fundamental concepts to more practical aspects of the technology in which they are used.
In providing the reader with current information on functional dye chemistry, as well as important developments within the field, Functional Dyes is a valuable information source for dye and material chemists, researchers and graduates, who want a summary of the key advances in the field over the last 10 years and an authoritative view on future developments.
Dye and material chemists, researchers and graduate students
- Published: March 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-52176-7
Table of Contents1. Recent Progress in Phthalocyanine Chemistry: Synthesis and Characterization (N.Kobayashi, T. Fukuda).
2. Cyanine Dyes for Solar Cells and Optical Data Storage (H. Tian, F. Meng).
3. Photochromic Naphthopyrans (J.D. Hepworth, B.M. Heron).
4. Cyanine Dyes as Fluorescent Non-covalent Labels for Nucleic Acid Research (T. Deligeorgiev, A. Vasilev).
5. Functional Dyes For Surface Plasmon Resonance-Based Sensing System (S.H. Kim, K. Koh).
6. Synthesis and Application of Squarylium Dyes (S. Yagi, H. Nakazumi).
7. Fluorine-containing Dyes (M. Matsui).