Food Flavors: Formation, Analysis and Packaging Influences
- E.T. Contis, College of Arts and Sciences, 411 Pray-Harrold, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti MI 48197, USA
- C.-T. Ho, Department of Food Science, Cook College, Rutgers University, 65 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8520, USA
- C.J. Mussinan, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Research & Development, 1515 Highway 36, Union Beach, NJ 07735, USA
- T.H. Parliment, Kraft Technology Center, 555 So. Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10965, USA
- F. Shahidi, Dept. of Biochemistry, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland, A1B 3X9, Canada
- A.M. Spanier, U.S.D.A., Agricultural Research Service, SRRC, 1100 Robert E. Lee Blvd. New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
The 9th International Flavor Conference: George Charalambous Memorial Symposium was held July 1-4, 1997 at the Porto Myrina Palace on the Island of Limnos, Greece. This conference was organized as a tribute to Dr. George Charalambous organizer of the previous eight conferences, who passed away in November of 1994.
The symposium brought together a group of international experts in food science and human nutrition to discuss their latest findings in a broad area of food science. Particular emphasis was placed on state-of-the-art instrumentation and methods.
The 9th Conference followed the format and traditions of the previous meetings. More than 90 papers/posters were presented by scientists from nineteen countries. Dr. Apostolos Grimanis, a radioanalytical chemist and retired Director of the Radioanalytical Laboratory at the National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos" in Athens opened the meeting with a tribute to Dr. Charalambous.
The Conference Committee announced that the Division of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (American Chemical Society) has agreed to sponsor a Fellowship in Dr. Charalambous' honor in recognition of his tremendous contributions to the Division over many years.
For food scientists and nutritionists, industrial chemists and biotechnologists.