A Primer for Health Care Professionals
- Martin Dawes, MD, FRCGP, Lecturer in Primary Care, University of Oxford, UK
- Published: October 2004
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-07299-4
Table of Contents1. Evidence -based practice.
2. Formulating a question.
3. Finding the evidence: an information skills approach.
4. Introduction to critical appraisal.
5. Randomised controlled trials.
6. Studies assessing diagnostic tests.
7. Case series and reports.
8. Case control studies.
9. Systematic review.
10. Economic evaluation.
11. Qualitative research.
12. Critical appraisal of clinical guidelines.
13. Is this test effective?
14. Is this therapy effective?
15. Is the intervention cost-effective?
16. Context specificity: how was the study performed?
17. Introducing change.
18. Evaluating change.
19. Teaching evidence-based health care.
20. Defeating unknowingness.