Equine Medicine, Surgery and Reproduction
- Tim Mair, BVSC, PhD, DEIM, DESTS, DipECEIM, MRCVS, AssocECVDI, Partner & Equine Practitioner, Bell Equine Veterinary Clinic, Mereworth, Maidstone, Kent, UK
- Sandy Love, BVMS, PhD, MRCVS, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Glasgow, UK
- James Schumacher, DVM, MS, MRCVS, Dip ACVS, Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA
- Roger Smith, VetMB, PhD, DEO, DipECVS, MRCVS MA VetMB PhD DEO DipECVS MRCVS and European Specialist in Equine Surgery Professor of Equine Orthopaedics, Professor of Equine Orthopaedics, The Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, UK Professor of Equine Orthopaedics
- Grant Frazer, BVSc, MSc, MBA, Dip ACT, Director, Veterinary Hospital, Associate Professor, Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, USA
The wide range of international contributors, highly experienced and all experts in their fields, ensures that the new edition of this popular all-in-one resource remains as indispensable as ever.
- Published: March 2013
- Imprint: SAUNDERS
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-2801-4
"This new edition, as well as incorporating an extensive revision of the original text, incorporates new chapters on wound management, critical care, anaesthesia and diagnostic imaging...The book is well illustrated throughout and the reproduction of the colour images is outstanding...This is an ideal book for the veterinary students wanting to dip into equine medicine and surgery...The widespread use of bullet points and short punchy paragraphs, in conjunction with an excellent index and contents list, makes the text very easy to read and to navigate, and this second edition is certain to become just as popular as the already well-established first edition. Good value and to be recommended." Veterinary Record, May 2013
Table of Contents
1.Upper Alimentary System.
2.Gastroenterology 1. Colic.
3. Gastroenterology 2. Hepatic and intestinal disorders.
4. Abdominal cavity
5. Disorders of the ear, nose and throat
6. Lower respiratory tract
7. Cardiovascular system
8. Diseases of the equine urinary tract
10. Haematopoietic and immune systems
15. Orthopaedics 1. Diagnosis of lameness/diseases of joints and bones
16. Orthopaedics 2. Diseases of the foot and limbs
17. Orthopaedics 3. The limbs
18. Orthopaedics 4. The back and pelvis
19. Infectious diseases and parasitology
20. Diseases of the foal
21. Muscle disorders and performance problems
22. Metabolic diseases and toxicology
23. Principles of wound management
24. Sedation and anaesthesia
25. Diagnostic imaging
26.Common problems and techniques in equine critical care