- Colin Walls, Embedded Systems Division, Mentor Graphics, London, UK.
Colin Walls draws upon his experience and insights from working in the industry, and covers the complete cycle of embedded software development: its design, development, management, debugging procedures, licensing, and reuse. For those new to the field, or for experienced engineers looking to expand their skills, Walls provides the reader with detailed tips and techniques, and rigorous explanations of technologies.
Key features include:
- New chapters on Linux, Android, and multi-core - the cutting edge of embedded software development!
- Introductory roadmap guides readers through the book, providing a route through the separate chapters and showing how they are linked
- Accompanying source code and PowerPoint slides provide helpful training material and real-world experience for readers
Embedded design developers, computer, software, electrical, and system engineers, and system architects. Upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate electrical engineering students.
- Published: March 2012
- Imprint: NEWNES
- ISBN: 978-0-12-415822-1
Table of Contents
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
What’s on the Website?
Roadmap to Embedded Software Development
1. Embedded Software
2. Design and Development
4. C Language
6. Real Time
7. Real-Time Operating Systems
9. Open Source, Embedded Linux, and Android
10. Multicore Embedded Systems