- Colin Walls
As the embedded world expands, developers must have a strong grasp of many complex topics in order to make faster, more efficient and more powerful microprocessors to meet the publicâs growing demand. Embedded Software: The Works covers all the key subjects embedded engineers need to understand in order to succeed, including Design and Development, Programming, Languages including C/C++, and UML, Real Time Operating Systems Considerations, Networking, and much more. New material on Linux, Android, and multi-core gives engineers the up-to-date practical know-how they need in order to succeed.
Colin Walls draws upon his experience and insights from working in the industry, and covers the complete cycle of embedded software development: its design, development, management, debugging procedures, licensing, and reuse. For those new to the field, or for experienced engineers looking to expand their skills, Walls provides the reader with detailed tips and techniques, and rigorous explanations of technologies.
Key features include:
- New chapters on Linux, Android, and multi-core - the cutting edge of embedded software development!
- Introductory roadmap guides readers through the book, providing a route through the separate chapters and showing how they are linked
- Accompanying source code and PowerPoint slides provide helpful training material and real-world experience for readers
Embedded design developers, computer, software, electrical, and system engineers, and system architects. Upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate electrical engineering students.
Paperback, 436 Pages
Published: March 2012
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
Whatâs on the Website?
Roadmap to Embedded Software Development
1. Embedded Software
2. Design and Development
4. C Language
6. Real Time
7. Real-Time Operating Systems
9. Open Source, Embedded Linux, and Android
10. Multicore Embedded Systems