Elementary Linear AlgebraBy
- Stephen Andrilli, LaSalle University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- David Hecker, Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Elementary Linear Algebra develops and explains in careful detail the computational techniques and fundamental theoretical results central to a first course in linear algebra. This highly acclaimed text focuses on developing the abstract thinking essential for further mathematical study.
The authors give early, intensive attention to the skills necessary to make students comfortable with mathematical proofs. The text builds a gradual and smooth transition from computational results to general theory of abstract vector spaces. It also provides flexbile coverage of practical applications, exploring a comprehensive range of topics.
* Maple Algorithmic testing- Maple TA- www.maplesoft.com
* Companion Website- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123747518
* Online Instructors Manual- http://textbooks.elsevier.com/web/manuals.aspx?isbn=9780123747518
* Ebook- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123747518
* Online Student Solutions Manual- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123747518
Sophomore- and junior- level students in introductory linear algebra
Hardbound, 768 Pages
Published: December 2009
Imprint: Academic Press
Vectors and Matrices; Systems of Linear Equations; Determinants and Eigenvalues; Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces; Linear Transformations; Orthogonality; Complex Vector Spaces and General Inner Products; Additional Applications; Numerical Methods; Further Horizons