Clinical Procedures in Small Animal Veterinary Practice
- Richard Aspinall
- Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Director, Abbeydale Vetlink Veterinary Training Ltd, Gloucester, UK
Everything you need to know about basic procedures, but may have been afraid to ask, is presented here in one convenient volume, authored by two noted veterinary educators with years of teaching experience between them.
- Published: April 2013
- Imprint: SAUNDERS
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-4770-1
"A Comprehensive review of Day 1 skills make this book, '
Table of Contents
- Restraint, handling and administration of medicines
- Routine surgical procedures eg. neutering, caesarean section, cat bite abscesses, aural haematoma, removal of grass seeds, dental scaling and extractions. In many cases detailed illustrations and photographs will facilitate understanding.
- Suturing techniques - all types
- Laboratory procedures
- Bandaging techniques - veterinary surgeons often leave this to the nurses but should be able to perform the techniques themselves.
- Diagnostic imaging - mainly covering radiographical positioning and use of ultrasound.
- Anaesthesia - type and choice of circuits, regional anaesthesia
- Basic procedures used in the consulting room eg. squeezing anal glands, clipping nails, clipping beaks, examination of ears and eyes.