The Savvy Manager's GuideBy
- David Loshin
Following the footsteps of the first edition, the second edition of Business Intelligence is a full overview of what comprises business intelligence. It is intended to provide an introduction to the concepts to uncomplicate the learning process when implementing a business intelligence program.
Over a relatively long lifetime (7 years), the current edition of book has received numerous accolades from across the industry for its straightforward introduction to both business and technical aspects of business intelligence.
As an author, David Loshin has a distinct ability to translate challenging topics into a framework that is easily digestible by managers, business analysts, and technologists alike. In addition, his material has developed a following (such as the recent Master Data Management book) among practitioners and key figures in the industry (both analysts and vendors) and that magnifies our ability to convey the value of this book.
IT managers, analysts, consultants, MIS students, data managers
Paperback, 400 Pages
Published: October 2012
Imprint: Morgan Kaufmann
1. Business Intelligence - An Introduction
2. Value Drivers
3. Planning for Success
4. Developing a Business Intelligence Roadmap
5. The Business Intelligence Environment
6. Business Models and Information Flow
7. Data Requirements Analysis
8. Data Warehouses and the Technical BI Architecture
9. Business Metadata
10. Data Profiling
11. Business Rules
12. Data Quality
13. Data Integration
14. High Performance BI
15. Alternate Information Contexts
16. Location Intelligence and Spatial analysis?
17. Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Analytics
18. Using Publicly Available Data
19. Knowledge Delivery
20. New and Emerging Techniques
21. Quick Reference