Assisting at Podiatric Surgery
A Guide for Podiatric Surgical Students and Podiatric Theatre Assistants
- Telford Thomson, BSc, FCPod, DPodM, MChS, SRCh, Holder of the Meritorious Award of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists, awarded in recognition for contribution to the advancement of podiatric surgery within the UK; Fellow of the Surgical Faculty of the College of Podiatrists, UK; Former Tutor in Podiatric Surgery; Private Practitioner, Ipswich, UK
- Published: January 2002
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-07226-0
Table of Contents1. Patient assessment prior to surgery.
2. In the operating theatre.
3. As a member of the scrub team.
4. Assisting during the operation.
5. Office surgery using the 'non-touch' technique.
6. After surgery.
8. Instruments used in podiatry.
9. Clinical emergencies.
10. Anatomy of the foot.
11. Forefoot disorders that are suitable for out-patient procedures.
Appendix 1 Abbreviations used in podiatric surgery. Appendix 2. Glossary. Index