Arctic Ecosystems in a Changing Climate
An Ecophysiological Perspective
- F. Chapin III, University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- Robert Jefferies, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- James Reynolds, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Gaius Shaver, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Josef Svoboda, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Ellen Chu
Students and researchers in arctic studies, plant physiology, and ecology.
- Published: November 1991
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-168250-7
"This book will serve as an excellent introduction to and synthesis of the current status of knowledge, and it is timely in anticipation of new Arctic ecological research efforts proposed by a number of agencies... One of its strengths is the selection of authors... The book is timely, because the time when warming may become an observed reality is close, and this synthesis will be of great value in the planning and conduct of related research. It is a book for the practicing biological scientist rather than the policy maker of even the generalist."