Chiral Synthesis and ChemotherapyEdited by
- C.K. Chu, College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
• Up-to-date review on the chemistry and biology of nucleosides
• Modern synthetic methodology
• Comprehensive coverage of antiviral nucleosides
This book summarizes the recent advances in nucleosides chemistry and chemotherapy over the past 10-15 years. It covers recently discovered nucleoside antiviral agents, their therapeutic aspects and biochemistry, and also extensive reviews on their chiral synthesis.
Hardbound, 268 Pages
Published: October 2003
- 1. Recent Advances in Antiviral Nucleosides. (G. Gumina, Y. Choi, C.K. Chu). Introduction. Structural features of nucleosides as antiviral agents. 2'-Deoxy nucleosides and related analogs. 2',3'-Dideoxy nucleosides and related analogues. 2',3'-Unsaturated nucleosides and related analogues. Nucleosides with a heterocyclic sugar ring moiety. 3- or 4-Membered ring nucleosides. Acyclonucleosides. Ribofuranosyl nucleosides. References. 2. Chiral synthesis of antiviral nucleosides from carbohydrate templates. (G. Gumina, S. Olgen, C.K. Chu). Introduction. 4'-Thiofuranose nucleosides. Iso- and apio nucleosides. Oxathiolane and dioxolane nucleosides. Cyclopentyl carbocyclic nucleosides. Cyclopropyl carbocyclic nucleosides. C-Nucleosides. Fluorinated nucleosides. Acyclonucleosides. Miscellaneous nucleosides. References. 3. Oxathiolane and dioxolane nucleosides: Synthesis and antiviral activity. (G. Gumina, J.S. Cooperwood, C.K. Chu). Introduction. Oxathiolane nucleosides. Synthesis. Antiviral activity. Combination therapy. Dioxolane nucleosides. Synthesis. Antiviral activity. References.