Who uses Research Intelligence Solutions
Join the world's leading universities, research institutes, funders and policymakers who rely on Research Intelligence to solve problems and expand capabilities to advance their research excellence
We provide a comprehensive portfolio of research management solutions designed to provide a sharp, panoramic view of your institution’s research activities.Find out more
We're committed to supporting research institutions like yours.
The business of research is unique. Full of possibilities, yet charged with challenges.
We understand. Elsevier, the world's leading provider of science and health information, has been around since 1880, publishing research and partnering with institutions like yours to advance scholarship and improve lives. At Elsevier, we are committed to helping you plan wisely and invest strategically to maximize research performance.
That is why we developed Research Intelligence, a comprehensive portfolio of research management solutions designed to provide a sharp, panoramic view of your institution's research activities. Through Research Intelligence Solutions – Pure, SciVal, Funding and Analytical Services we combine institutional and external information with data from Scopus, the trusted standard among researchers and data analysts, to help institutions drive successful research outcomes.
We can help funders assess the effectiveness of the research projects they fund, find reviewers and identify trends across key research areas.Find out more
We're committed to supporting funders like yours.
Evidence-based decisions make every dollar count.
Research Intelligence can help funders like yours assess the effectiveness of the research projects they fund and identify trends across key research areas. Research Intelligence can also support your operational needs. The costs associated with administering the peer review process can be substantial but Research Intelligence can help you find the right reviewers, fast.
Analytical services: tailored reports and data services
Analytical Services provide customised analyses and reports modeled around the specific areas of interest expressed by your institution including:
- Effectiveness and Impact of Funded Projects: Assess the performance of the research programs you fund in terms of output, citations and international impact
- Research Landscape Studies: Gain new insights into the dynamics of a specific research area of interest and get visibility into present and future trends
- Cross-Disciplinary Impact Studies of Selected Research Topics: Evaluate how research in one area contributes to research in another area
Analytical Services also offers data integration services such as:
- Web Integration Services to Support National Research Assessment Exercises: Analytical Services can provide Scopus bibliometric data for your national research assessment exercise. We create a web integrated platform that matches your institutional data to Scopus content and returns bibliometric data required for your assessment
- Integrating Researcher Databases with Scopus: Analytical Services can create a mutual link between Scopus and your institution's or country's researcher database in order to improve the accuracy of author profiles
Reviewer finder: find the right reviewers in minutes
Elsevier also offers funders reviewer finder, a web-based tool that makes the peer review process more efficient.
Identify the right reviewers for each grant application, assess potential conflicts of interest and expand your reviewer network by inviting researchers to review grant applications that are relevant to them.
We provide the tools to help you assess research performance and collaboration trends, determine the effectiveness of research policies and showcase research excellence.Find out more
We're committed to supporting policy makers like yours.
Knowledge is the currency of the new research economy. We can provide you with the tools to help you maximise your information capital. Research Intelligence enables policy makers like yours to assess research performance and collaboration trends, determine the effectiveness of research policies and showcase research excellence.
Analytical services: tailored reports and data services
Analytical services provide policy makers with customized analyses and reports modeled around the specific areas of interest expressed by your institution, including National Research Performance Assessments and Research Landscape Studies.
National research performance assessments provide a deep evaluation of your nation's research performance, and can feature a range of analyses such as:
- International comparative performance
- International and cross-sector collaboration
- Human capital brain circulation
- Knowledge transfer
Research landscape studies assess the dynamics and trends within a particular research area, and can include a variety of analyses such as:
- Subject area shifts
- Publication landscape and impact per country and institution
- International collaboration and impact
- Cross-sector collaboration
Scopus custom data
Analytical Services also offers policy makers Scopus custom data, which is widely selected for its breadth of coverage and rich structured data. Scopus Custom Data allows your organisation to acquire specified datasets from Elsevier's Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, in a rich and structured XML format. Policymakers like yours can use Scopus Custom Data to conduct analysis, populate internal databases and showcase publication outputs.
Data integration services
In addition to Scopus Custom Data, Analytical Services also offer data integration services, which provide organisations with access to custom web portals to perform their own research assessments. For more information, visit Analytical Services.