Power Extraction and Conversion of Renewable Energy: Wind, Solar P.V. and Fuel Cells provides a detailed analysis of the various power converter operations fed by solar PV and other renewable energies. Practical aspects addressing the behavior of systems, such as the operating point on source characteristics and the buckling or boosting of power converters when power converters are considered, as are the fundamentals to effective use and applications of renewables. Computer simulation models for typical systems give the reader a deeper insight and “feel” for the actual systems the book details. It provides readers with a tool to develop, design and achieve successful power extraction.
Renewable energy alternatives are fast becoming viable options to battle conventional fossil fuels shortcomings, such as pollution, cost and limited reserves. Understanding the requirements and source characteristics for successful power electronics and their application is pivotal to extracting power successfully.
- Uniquely analyzes converters for renewable energy application with the practical characteristics of renewable sources
- Includes simulation models of complete systems and solved numerical problems to aid with understanding the dynamics and analysis of renewable sources when integrated with power converters
- Features international standards of renewable systems throughout, guiding industrial system design
Researchers in power electronics applications to renewable energy; Graduate students in Electrical Engineering and Energy Science and Engineering; R&D organizations and industry professionals engaged in research in the field of renewable energy solar PV systems
2. PV Modeling and Characterization
3. MPPT Algorithms for PV systems
4. DC-DC Voltage Converter Interfaces for PV Systems
5. DC-DC Current Converter Interfaces for PV Systems
6. Derived topologies of the dc-dc power converters as solar PV Interfaces
7. DC-AC Converter Interfaces for PV Systems
8. Effect of Partial Shading and Mismatch
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 1st June 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor and Institute Chair Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay, India, Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering (FNAE); Fellow, IEEE, USA; Fellow, IETE, India and Life Member, ISTE, India. Fields of interest include Power conversion, Power quality, Renewable energy and distributed energy systems, Intelligent control of power electronic systems and Electronic systems.
Professor and Institute Chair, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay, India
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India. Fields of Interest include Grid-Tied PV Inverters, Design and optimization of power supplies, Power electronic circuits modeling and simulation, Switch-mode power supplies, Power Electronics and its interface with other Renewable sources.
Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India