- Presents a clear introduction for students and engineers, describing individual unit operations, eg Leaching, dissolution, digestion, electrowinning, electrorefining, solution purification, precipitation and solvent extraction
- Provides a quick reference on the basics of metallurgy, including the chemistry, modeling and design of hydrometallurgical processes
- Outlines the design of flowsheets, a topic not covered in academic studies, but necessary for the design of working process
Metallurgical engineers, mining engineers, chemical engineers, chemists and all studying and doing research on metallurgical engineering topics
Table of Contents
Part 1 Foundations
5. Reaction engineering
Part 2 Unit Operations
8. Solvent Extraction
9. Carbon Adsorption
10. Electrowinning and Electrorefining
12. Heap leaching
13. Bacterial Leaching
Part 3 Process Design
14. Principles of circuit design
15. Mass and energy balances
16. Effect of kinetics and thermodynamics on circuit performance
Part 4 Environmental
17. Water management
18. Energy management
- No. of pages: 664
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2030
- Published: February 1, 2019
- Imprint: Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444633514
About the Author
I lectured hydrometallurgy for ten years while at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
I have numerous publications in the fields that make up hydrometallurgy - leaching, electrometallurgy, electrochemistry, bacterial leaching.
I have worked in the field for nearly thirty years. I have run a professional consultancy working in the field of hydrometallurgy for the last ten years.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Hydrometallurgy"