DNA Topoisomearases: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Leroy Liu, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular basis of drug action, both applied and experimental.View full description
Pharmacologists, cancer researchers, biochemists, microbiologists, cell biologists.
- Published: September 1994
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-032929-8
"The book provides superb reading material which chemists and pharmacologists interested in the area of chemotherapy will surely enjoy reading."
Praise for the Serial, --JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Table of ContentsJ.C. Wang, DNA Topoisomerases as Targets of Therapeutics: An Overview.Y.-C. Tse-Dinh, Biochemistry of Bacterial Type I DNA Topoisomerases.R. Menzel and M. Gellert, The Biochemistry and Biology of DNA Gyrase.J.J. Champoux, Mechanism of Catalysis by Eukaryotic DNA Topoisomerase I.A.H. Andersen, J.Q. Svejstrup, and O. Westergaard, The DNA Binding, Cleavage, and Religation Reactions of Eukaryotic Topoisomerases I and II.J.L. Nitiss, Roles of DNA Topoisomerases in Chromosomal Replication and Segregation.M. Drolet, H.-Y. Wu., and L.F. Liu, Roles of DNA Topoisomerases in Transcription.H. Ikeda, DNA Topoisomerase-Mediated Illegitimate Recombination.J. Hwang and C.-L. Hwong,Cellular Regulation of Mammalian DNA Topoisomerases.T.-s. Hsieh, M.P. Lee, and S.D. Brown, Structure of Eurkaryotic Type I DNA Topoisomerase.W.M. Huang, Type II DNA Topoisomerase Genes.H.C. Neu, Major Advances in Antibacterial Quinolone Therapy.K. Drlica and B. Kreiswirth, 4-Quinolones and the Physiology of DNA Gyrase.L.L. Shen, Molecular Mechanisms of DNA Gyrase Inhibition by Quinolone Antibacterials.References.Subject Index.