Batten Disease: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Research
- Krystyna Wisniewski, George A. Jervis Diagnostic and Research Center, Staten Island, New York, U.S.A.
- Nanbert Zhong, George A. Jervis Diagnostic and Research Center, Staten Island, New York, U.S.A.
- Jeffrey Hall, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, USA
- Jay Dunlap, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
- Theodore Friedmann, University of California at San Diego, School of Medicine, USA
- Francesco Giannelli, United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals, London, U.K.
This title will present all current knowledge of Batten disease from research to clinical evaluation. NCL is not well recognized in underdeveloped countries because the diagnostic technology is lacking. With the information in this volume, however, a specific diagnosis of NCL could be made. Also, specific familial mutations obtained through genetic tests may guide prenatal diagnoses for at-risk families.
Molecular geneticists, clinical geneticists, neurologists, neuroscientists, pediatricians, molecular biologists, and biochemists.