Open access books
Did you know that you now have an Open Access (OA) book-publishing option with Elsevier? If you are interested, please submit your book proposal.
What are my book open access options?
Gold open access
• Publish in an open access book
• Public access is the final published e-book • Access is immediate• A print on demand (POD) version of the book will also be made available to purchase
• Open access publication fee is paid by the author or by a third party on their behalf, for example, by their institution or funding body • The Book Publishing Charge is $1,700 per chapter in an edited work or $17,000 for an authored title, excluding tax
• Open access books are made available under the CC-BY-NC-ND license (find out more about copyright licenses)
• No royalty is paid on the open access e-book, but authors will receive a royalty from sales of the POD version
Authors wishing to self-archive book chapters can continue to reach out to Global Rights to seek the relevant permission.